The above pictures are before-and-after comparisons between Jan 28, 2016 and Jul 16 after averaging 60 to 90 minutes Feldenkrais daily.
What is Feldenkrais? It’s a deep and lasting way to improve coordination, ability and well-being through aware movement. Everything we do involves movement, yet–like all skills–has a range of quality. Feldenkrais is a mental, physical and emotional strategy for befriending your body at your current starting point, making allies with physics and self-expression.
Oct and Nov 2016 timetable
|Outdoor||Monday||9:30 am||The HUB Courtyard||Free|
|Improve balance, ankle mobility and breathing.|
|4/104 Stuart St||$10|
|Lengthen hamstrings, relieve low-back tension, stiff neck and shoulder slouching.|
|Moshe’s Classics||Wed||4:30 pm||4/104 Stuart St||$15|
|The founder’s most culturally well-known, anatomically far-reaching, systematically diversified lessons.|
|Partners||Wed||5:45 pm||4/104 Stuart St||$15|
|Come alone or with others: move and be moved.|
|Bodyscan and a Didgeridoo||Wed||7:00 pm||4/104 Stuart St||$15|
|A mindfulness-based, voice-led body scan interspersed with didgeridoo vibrations.|
|Pelvic Floor||Friday||1:30 pm||4/104 Stuart St||$15|
|Constriction and dilation of ring muscles; regain lost tone while loosening excess tension.|
Standard classes are 60 minutes. Walk-ins welcome. Casual attendance is fine.
Equipment, toilets, water and tea provided.
Wear loose, comfortable clothing that allows breathing freely.
- Freedom from aches and pains, especially those from repetitive tasks
- Increased awareness of motion, sensitivity through touch
- Cultivation of dexterity, refined motor skills, coordinated movement
- The ability to reflect and direct life choices
- Engaging in the world and enjoying living
We’re proud to host The Aphrodite Empowerment Circle, a 4 week course in feminine empowerment on the themes of love, sex and relationship created and facilitated by Bridget Ferguson (relationship and intimacy coach, and somatic sexologist). It’s a closed, committed circle of a maximum of 10 women.
The main themes we will be exploring are:
- Self love and self acceptance – the foundation of all healthy relationships
- Intimate relationships – including healthy boundaries and clearing blocks to emotional and sexual intimacy
- Sex and sexuality – including desire, anatomy of arousal, and awakening sexual energy
- Effective, authentic communication
- Balancing masculine and feminine energy
No intimate touch or nudity involved.
Starts: 31st October 4 Mondays 6.30pm – 9pm
Investment: $222 until 25th October. Therafter $275.
Illness manifests in many insidious ways. Certainly pain and stiffness when moving lead to a reduction in activity and a lower quality of life. Motivation to start succumbs to beliefs…
Most chairs are designed for stacking, and sitting on them for a prolonged often leads to discomfort. Sitting with ease is an art; with a little knowledge and the right…
Ankles and the pelvic floor are intricately related. The ankle joint connects the horizontal foot to the vertical leg. The short length of the foot leads the ankle to play…